Wednesday, February 9, 2011

my first sock! and other knits :)

Here it is! My first mini sock! Sure it's not a real sock, but it's the first one I've been able to complete and which has taught me the basics of how to knit one. Sock patterns still look a bit scary but at at least I know I am a step closer to knitting real ones, can't wait for that. My little cow from Quebec city (which my younger brother bought for me a few years back during a school trip) makes it even cuter! I followed this tutorial to accomplish the task, it was very clear and concise. Except for the explanation of a kitchener stitch, for that I went here.

Also shown here is a tuque that I knitted (all yarn is acrylic) adorned with a re-purposed felt flower brooch as well as a wrist warmer I knitted a while back but never photographed, I would have to redo the other one as I forgot to knit a row so it looks and feels weird (probably because i can tel :P).

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...