Sunday, November 6, 2011

Etsy longcoat commission











Three cheers for me for finally completing this special custom longcoat ordered by a lovely returning Etsy buyer!! This one was quite the task to accomplish. There were so many obstacles in the way, I was starting to wonder how long it would take to finish! In the end, it took about 4 months from concept to the last stitch and to be honest, I was quite surprised with myself. Although I've sewn clothing before, this garment has a quality I didn't see while working on it. Only now while looking at these photos that I took today of my aunt modelling it, do I see how impressive it actually is. I look forward to making more garments and adding them to the shop.

Speaking of today, I was at my uncle's house and his wife (my aunt) cooked us (and her sister's family who were also visiting) a fantastic lunch that included homemade gnocchis, pasta, meatballs, sausage and even sauce! The vine leaves were store bought but boy were they good.

Bella (their bunny) had her own feast and I second her sentiment, stuffed and sleepy!

mili


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...