Friday, May 27, 2016

Marzipan chocolates ~ DIY


Back in January I made some semi-sweet chocolate covered marzipan balls for someone's Birthday.. or maybe it was February for Valentine's day? Can't say I remember for sure..

Anyhow I didn't have time to get a gift but I remembered I had some marzipan in the pantry that I had gotten from a local grocery store in the baking section and some dark chocolate that I could use to melt. I've made chocolates in the past, but these were a lot faster to make.

The steps are simple:

- Cut slices of marzipan and form into a ball shape.
- Melt semi-sweet chocolate or milk chocolate in a bowl over a pan with boiling water.
- Use a spoon and fork to evenly coat the marzipan ball
- Pick up with fork and let the excess chocolate drip off
- Place onto a parchment sheet on a cookie baking pan
- Place in the freezer for about 10 minutes to set.

And voila! Done!






No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...